Doors and windows for X-ray environments
X-ray rooms are, in many respects, special environments. In addition to the extreme hygiene requirements that characterize all healthcare environments, there are also stringent demands for effective radiation protection.
Thermod’s X-ray door is a further development of our hygiene door. The X-ray door has the same hygienic properties, but is also designed to protect against X-ray radiation.
A layer of 0.5-2.0-mm thick lead is integrated into both the frame and door. This lead layer is customized according to the environment and customer requirements. The user is not exposed to any lead components. These are instead concealed in the frame and door leaf.
The X-ray door is available as a hinged door in both single and double-door versions and also as a sliding door. We also carry X-ray windows.
- Karolinska Stockholm
- Warsaw university hostpital
- Krakow univeristy hostpital
- PET-center Norway
To keep in mind
- Investigate to determine applicable standards for radiation protection.
- Hospital doors should have flat surfaces. Dirt-collecting joints and recesses complicate regular cleaning.
- The materials used in the door must be able to withstand washing with various types of chemicals without causing damage.
- The risk of the door being hit by hospital beds or similar is pronounced. Doors and frames must therefore be designed to withstand regular impact.
X-ray door ID-X
A door suitable for X-Ray rooms, which also has all the advantages of the fibreglass door as far as durability and hygiene are concerned.
X-ray door SDID-X
This variant of the SDID sliding door effectively resists X-ray radiation.
The fixed X-ray window is designed for use in X-ray room interior walls and is identical to the hygiene window in appearance.
Sliding door SDH-P50 Hermetic
Hermetically sealed, hygienic sliding door that endures pressure differences, for operation theatres e.g. Available as single door, hermetic class 6 and double door, hermetic class 4, according to EN 12426.
ThermoBac Sliding X-Ray Door
An X-ray door with antibacterial properties. Suitable for environments with stringent requirements for sanitation, durability and protection from X-ray radiation.
ThermoBac Sliding Door
A hygiene door with ThermoBac laminate customized for environments with stringent sanitation and durability requirements. Common environments are hospitals, laboratories, veterinary clinics, food industries and large-scale kitchens.