Interested in Thermods products for your project?
Ask your questions via the form below. We will contact you within 24 hours on weekdays by e-mail or telephone!
Doors for hospitals and health facilities
Healthcare environments require strict demands on hygiene and wear resistance. Thermod meets the requirements with specially developed hygiene doors as well as special doors, for example, X-ray and surgical environments.
Our hygiene doors are designed for environments where hygiene and wear resistance are prioritized. In hospital environments, the door must meet the requirements of hygiene class 3. The hygiene door has a design that simplifies cleaning and a surface layer that can withstand unlimited washing and cleaning agents.
At the same time, the movement of patients and equipment mean heavy wear on the surface layers. The door must therefore be durable and withstand shocks and blows. Thermod doors have a door leaf made of stained, fiberglass reinforced polyester and a core of 40 mm polyurethane. The design makes the door stable while keeping a low weight of the door leaf. The frames are made of aluminum or stainless steel and can be painted in the desired color to fit into most environments.
The hygiene door is available as both a single and a double door. Customization is offered in terms of dimensions, color and accessories such as door automation, glass openings and passage systems.
Doors for environments with specific functional requirements
To meet specific functional requirements, we have also developed special doors for X-ray and surgical environments.
What to consider
- Hospital doors should have flat surfaces. Dirt-collecting joints and nooks make regular cleaning difficult.
- The door material must endure being washed with different types of chemicals without being damaged.
- Hospital doors being hit by, for example, hospital beds are common. The frame and door leaf must therefore be designed to withstand regular shocks and blows.
- Huddinge Hospital
- Skåne University Hospital
- Sunderby Hospital
- Central Hospital Karlstad
- St:Göran Hospital
- Eastern Hospital Gothenburg
- Lund University Hospital
- Spine Center
- Karlskoga Hospital (Swedish Modules)